Maximise The Impact of Your Video Walls With HTML5!
Video walls are an excellent way to grab people’s attention, showcase a brand, or convey a message. Traditionally content is pre rendered MP4 videos which are uploaded on a memory stick and plugged into the display, and although this is mostly reliable (sometimes there is lag) it doesn’t allow for edits, immediate updates or live feeds which is particularly limiting in this fast paced dynamic world we live in. So, in order to maximise the impact of your video walls, and capture your viewers attention you need to use the right content platform.
HTML5 really is a powerful tool that offers a range of features and benefits, making it a superior choice when it comes to creating interactive and dynamic content. From improved interactivity to increased flexibility and better efficiency, the advantages of using HTML5 are undeniable.
In this blog post, we’ll break down all the reasons why HTML5 is the better choice, so you can get the most out of your content and take your video walls to the next level!
What Is HTML5 and Why Do You Need It for Video Walls?
HTML5 is a cloud-based, open-source creative coding language made up of a series of tags that define the structure and content of a web page.
It renders in real-time and allows you to create content with interactive features such as animation, high-definition video, audio and more. By using HTML5 over pre-rendered videos, you can deliver a dynamic and engaging experience to your customers overcoming the limitations of MP4’s with real-time manipulation of the elements of the content.
Why use HTML5 for video walls?
As it turns out, the statistics are rather impressive. Studies have shown that when dynamic content is used on video walls, they become five times more engaging than motionless boring displays of still images. Furthermore, customers on average spend more time viewing dynamic content which is not only more attention grabbing, but can be used for tailored marketing according to time of day & location. And according to market research by Sodaclick, 95% of consumers admitted that dynamic HTML5 content was more memorable than static content, creating interactive experiences with higher recall rates.
Benefits of HTML5 for Video Walls
- Versatile: HTML5 content can be used to create both static and interactive displays, opening up a world of possibilities across many industry verticals.
- Superior Image Quality: HTML5 allows you to create truly stunning visuals in 4K/8K.
Cross-Platform Compatibility: HTML5 works on most popular operating systems that compatible browsers run on for example- Windows, Android, macOS, iOS.
- Responsive Design: HTML5 content automatically adjusts its size and layout to fit different screen sizes and devices from a smartphone to a giant video wall whilst maintaining its high resolution- meaning it will look great on any device.
- Supports Mixed Media: HTML5 supports multiple media types, such as audio, video, and animation, which is perfect for creating interactive displays.
Improved Performance: HTML5 content is designed to run more efficiently than other formats- leading to faster loading times and smoother performance.
- Smaller File Size: The same files created as MP4’s especially for video walls are a lot larger, taking up a lot more bandwidth to load which can be expensive in comparison to HTML5.
- Scalable and Light: Because of its responsive design feature, and small file size you only need to output one HTML5 file which can be scaled to any size and deployed simultaneously across a large number of displays.
- Real-time: HTML5 content can be easily edited and updated in real-time, allowing you to easily change your message, pricing, promotion or branding in a matter of minutes which is cost efficient and saves you time.
- Dynamic Content: HTML5 allows you to deploy dynamic apps like live news, weather and RSS feeds so you can create richer, more engaging content.
Ultimately the scalability, reliability and performance benefits of HTML5 make it the best choice for dynamic content on video walls and digital signage. So if you’re ready to increase engagement and customer recall rates through your video walls, look no further!
Get started creating dynamic HTML5 content with Sodaclick
At Sodaclick, we understand just how important it is for you to be able to create compelling content that engages your viewers and drives results. Sodaclick is an easy-to-use content platform that has from day one leveraged the power of HTML5 to work seamlessly with leading digital signage hardware providers. And the beauty of it is you don’t need to have any programming skills or purchase additional hardware. With a simple user interface, Sodaclick offers users a library of agency-grade design templates that can be edited infinitely and uploaded in minutes. Importantly it allows you the ability to maintain on-brand features and with all dynamic apps included for the same licence subscription.
As you can see, HTML5 is a powerful and versatile technology that offers a wide range of advantages when it comes to creating dynamic content allowing customers and potential buyers to engage in ways that were impossible years ago.
With Sodaclick’s platform HTML5 content is delivered seamlessly, is completely customisable, and offers you more control over your content, allowing you to edit and update in real time. You can add captions, real-time data streams and interactive features that allow you to manipulate the content directly. It is these interactive features that will make your video walls so much more engaging than static content and will give your customers more reasons to come back and result in more sharing and impressions across social media!
It’s an unbeatable combination of performance and engagement!
To learn more visit sodaclick.com
© 2023 Sodaclick Ltd. All rights reserved.